Saturday, March 17, 2007

Death

'Alas, both for the deed and for the cause!
But I have now seen Death? Is this the way
I must return to native dust? O sight
Of terror, foul and ugly to behold,
Horrid to think, how horrible to feel!'
-Paradise Lost

While reading through Paradise Lost (which I am almost finished with) it shown me the viciousness of life and how humans return to the Earth. Death is never an act devoid of suffering. Suffering comes to the receiver of the sentence and the people around him. I consider this to be the tragedy of life. The tragedy that we were born in suffering and we die with suffering. Though, the universe may be full of this kind of negative march, we can be hopeful that what we do in this life may reflect on what is to become in the afterlife. For with the tragedy of life , there is also the beautiful and sublime of the universe we can look forward too. Let us now build a path of art, life, and spirituality.

No comments: